Things in the world of Carrie:
- My number one goal is surviving the remaining three weeks of the semester. This includes finishing the research paper that I was assigned in August, but haven't started yet. I checked out a ton of books from the library, and they're all overdue, but I haven't read any of them. I am so screwed.
- The holidays....ugh, anyone who has ever worked in retail during the holidays ooooooor anyone who has ever attempted to shop in a retail location during the holidays should feel sorry for me. Well, not really. Because I'm super awesome, and I'm ready to make Black Friday my bitch.
- Planning Thanksgiving with my family is a challenge. Because my extended family is in Michigan, the dinner at Grandma's isn't really an option for us. My parents are going to come down to my place for Thanksgiving brunch, as we have decided that I won't really be able to eat much at a real Thanksgiving dinner. (No turkey, no tofurkey...) Because I have to be at work at 1 AM Friday, I decided to stay up all night Wednesday so that I can catch some zzzzzz's on Thursday afternoon before I have to go in. I will probably fall asleep in my mom's hashbrown casserole.
- I took Kylie to see a urologist last week because of her recurring UTIs. She was a pretty sick little munch a couple of weeks ago. She has to have an ultrasound as well as another procedure that involves a catheter. I'm not really sure how to explain this entire thing to her. I had to deal with the whole catheter thing after surgery, and it was not pleasant. She's only eight. I don't understand why she and I have such problems with pee...
- I have decided that my only option for dating is to find a younger man with mommy issues. I keep trying to go out with guys who are older than me, but what I have realized is that they are someone else's discards. That is certainly not what I'm in the market for. If all else fails, maybe he'll have a killer sex drive. I need to make up for all of the nookie I didn't get in my twenties.
- Kylie and I have a "Breaking Dawn" date on Tuesday after she gets out of school. I'm torn between deciding if taking her makes me a cool mom or a bad mom. She has watched all three of the first Twilight movies, and she wasn't freaked out in the least. I can't believe I turned out to be one of those crazed Twilight fanatics. I was so anti-vampire/werewolf crap until I had to watch the first movie for my Humanities class a couple of years ago. Then I was hooked. And for the record, I have always been Team Edward.